[20 slides] Sports Management Question
For this project, students will choose their favorite college football, men’s basketball, or women’s basketball team. Remember, only select one college sports team for this project. Students will complete a PowerPoint Presentation of at least 20 slides in length (not including the title and reference page). A minimum of five (5) references must be utilized for this assignment. The following information must be provided in the presentation. Students will be evaluated on accuracy of information, clarity of information provided, organization of content and information provided, visual design of the presentation, and the ability to demonstrate understanding of key concepts in sport marketing.
- Name and sport of college team selected (i.e. Kansas Jayhawks Men’s Basketball)
- Location of your university (city/state)
- 10 points of interest about the location of your university
- Student enrollment
- Tuition costs
- Stadium information (number of seats/description of facilities/photos)
- Recent Team Schedule
- Identify 10 segments for the athletic department to market for the team you selected. Think beyond demographics and look at motives and the benefits sought.
- Prepare a ticket pricing strategy for the college sports team you selected along with a promotional plan to market single game tickets and season tickets for home games. Include specific game day promotional strategies for selected home games.
- Prepare a marketing and promotion strategy for current students, alumni, and fans in the community to attend home games.
- Prepare a social media strategy to engage students, alumni, and fans for the college sports team you selected.
- Prepare a marketing and promotion strategy for high school seniors to encourage them to attend this university. You must emphasize things that are important to parents like the academic status of the university, enrollment, majors offered, location of the university, cost of the education, and campus activities (including emphasizing the popularity of athletics).