Chapter 5: Epidemiology
This discussion board is aligned with the module objective “Demonstrate community assessments and apply the principles of epidemiology.” As part of the discussion you will:
· Review the concepts of epidemiology in disease control and prevention pg 197-203
Apply ecosocial epidemiology paradigm (macro-level) to one of your chosen diagnosis from module 1 written assignment (p. 183). Zoe – Nursing diagnosis to use Risk of increase in new diabetes diagnosis amongst adult in Franklin county as evidenced by uncontrolled blood sugar, increased obesity, lack of physical activity and increased evidence of cardiovascular disease.
Ellen- Please use this nursing diagnosis Activity intolerance among male in Seneca county population related to immobility, weakness, fatigue, shortness of breath, and imbalance oxygen supply/ demand, as evidenced by increased cardiovascular disease in Seneca county population.
Your initial post must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
· Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
· Response posts: Minimum of one (1) total reference: one (1) from peer-reviewed or course materials reference per response.
· Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)
· Response posts: Minimum 100 words excluding references.