For Section 2: PMO Mission, Charter, and Competency of the Portfolio Project, you will build on the information detailed in your Portfolio Project Section 1. Based on analysis of your subject organization and further research, purpose the PMO’s mission and vision, PMO charter, and PMO competency continuum stage resultant from your Option 1 or Option 2 recommendation. To this end, substantively address the following key elements for your subject organization’s PMO recommendation:
- Develop the PMO’s Mission and Vision including:
- State the PMO’s mission and vision.
- Validate alignment with subject organization’s mission and vision.
- Designate key PMO stakeholders.
- Develop the PMO’s Charter:
- State the PMO’s business purpose.
- Describe the PMO’s business alignment and affiliation.
- Designate the PMO’s empowerment authority.
- Describe the PMO’s fiscal management.
- Identify the Charter approval.
- Relate to the PMO competency continuum:
- Designate the PMO competency continuum stage.
- Justify the subject organization’s designated PMO competency continuum stage determination.
- Correlate the designated PMO competency continuum stage to the Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3).