(This is from my part one assignment and is needed to complete the part 2 assignment I need done in 4 days) It is important for educators to know and identify the stages of child and adolescent development in order to implement appropriate strategies that meet the cognitive, social, emotional, and physical needs of all students.
For this assignment, complete the “Stages of Child and Adolescent Development” matrix by identifying the characteristics and milestones of each development stage (cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional, and physical) for each grade level. This matrix will be used to complete Part II of this assignment in Topic 3. Utilize the topic materials along with your own research to complete the matrix and the reflection.
*******(part 2, this is what I need done) Now that you have identified the stages of child and adolescent development for grade levels, you will now use this information to identify the major concepts, principles, and learning theories related to the stages of development. This information will help in determining effective teaching practices, based on learning theories and research of child and adolescent development.
For this assignment, use the “Stages of Child and Adolescent Development” matrix created in Topic 2. Complete the fourth column by identifying the major concepts, principles, and learning theories from your readings to the stages of development.
In 500-750 words, summarize and expand on the stages of child and adolescent development. In your summary, include:
- How understanding the unique aspects of development guide you to engage and meet the academic abilities of students with various learning abilities.
- How the stages of development differ from kindergarten to eighth grade and how learning activities differ depending on the stage of development.
- How you can incorporate specific major principles, concepts, and learning theories into two different grade levels (K-5 and 6-8) of your future teaching practice.
- How this matrix can serve as a guide in developing ways to meet the needs of exceptional students (learning differences, gifted students, and ELLs, etc.).
- How the information on the different stages of child and adolescent development can be utilized to identify student strengths as a basis for growth, and their misconceptions as opportunities for learning.
Support your findings with a minimum of 3-5 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.