Behavioral Intervention Plan and Behavioral Disorders Report
This assignment will help you to assess functional behavioral assignments and crisis intervention strategies. Be sure to include the following:
Part 1: Discuss the key components of a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA). Then, explain the key components of a Behavioral Intervention Plan (BIP). Defend your rationale for monitoring and adjusting the plan, and then explain why it is important, and why it is also critical to conduct an FBA before developing a BIP. Be sure to explain why Step 6 in an FBA is crucial and how it can be performed through observations.
Part 2: Discuss the key issues in developing a Social Skills Lesson. Be sure to justify why self-monitoring or self-direction is crucial to teaching students with EBD, and how it can be implemented into a Social Skills Lesson.
Part 3: As a special education leader in your district, you have been asked to identify a process or procedure that appropriately and effectively addresses emotional and behavioral needs presented by students with EBD. Evaluate the Life Space Crisis Intervention model. As a special education leader in the school, argue in support of, or against, the implementation of this program for use with the school’s EBD population. Use at least two scholarly peer-reviewed sources to support your position.
Support your assignment with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 7 pages, not including title and reference pages. Please use and cite this book Effective supports for students with emotional and behavioral disorders by Vern Jones,Al Greenwood,Cory Dunn.
please use the attached articles
A Systematic Review of Function-Based Replacement Behavior Interventions for Students With and At Risk for Emotional and Behavioral Disorders.
- McKenna, John William
- Behavior Modification; Sep2016, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p678-712, 35p
- Publication Year:
- Subject Terms:
- AFFECTIVE disorders
SOCIAL skills education
SYSTEMATIC reviews (Medical research)
DISEASE risk factors
MENTAL illness risk factors
DISABILITIES — Risk factors
- Author-Supplied Keywords:
- emotional and behavioral disorders
replacement behavior interventions
- Students with emotional and behavioral disorders and students considered at risk often have social deficits. Although social skills interventions are often provided to this student population, there are some concerns regarding how these interventions are conceived and provided. One possible way to improve the effectiveness of social skills interventions is to use functional behavior assessment data to tailor the interventions to a student’s individual needs and the contexts in which social skills deficits and problem behaviors occur. This approach is commonly referred to as replacement behavior training. In this study, the literature on function-based replacement behavior interventions is systematically reviewed. In addition, studies are evaluated according to the What Works Clearinghouse design and evidence standards for single-case research. Although this research base does not meet the What Works Clearinghouse replication standards, function-based replacement behavior interventions appear to be a promising practice for addressing problem behaviors. Implications for practice, areas for future research, and study limitations are discussed. [ABSTRACT FROM AUTHOR]
- Copyright of Behavior Modification is the property of Sage Publications Inc. and its content may not be copied or emailed to multiple sites or posted to a listserv without the copyright holder’s express written permission. However, users may print, download, or email articles for individual use. This abstract may be abridged. No warranty is given about the accuracy of the copy. Users should refer to the original published version of the material for the full abstract. (Copyright applies to all Abstracts.)
- Accession Number:
- Complementary Index
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.