Challenges For Students Discussion
Have you ever lost your job unexpectedly? Perhaps you’ve had your bank account frozen the day before rent was due. Regardless of the specific situation, everyone experiences challenges in their lives; some of which are more complicated than others. Now that you’ve started your degree program, you may encounter new challenges, especially as you orient yourself to life as a student. It’s common to feel overwhelmed or confused or to even doubt your abilities. What’s important is to learn how to work through those feelings. A critical component to your success as a student lies in your ability to overcome challenges and persist toward achieving your educational goals.
Think about the challenges you’ve experienced in your life. Consider how you originally felt about those challenges and the actions you took to overcome them. Reflect on what you learned from those experiences and how that knowledge can be used to overcome challenges you may experience as a student.
Act (due Thursday):
Before you draft your response to this discussion, be sure to read through the Week 1 materials.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- What challenges do you think you may experience as a student? Why?
- How might your past experiences, your motivation, and your current mindset help or hinder your ability to overcome those challenges?
- What are some specific actions you can take to support the achievement of your educational goals?
- In your opinion, what is the value of a college degree? How will it help you personally as well as professionally?
- PLEASE RESPOND TO CLASS MATE POST BELOW:
- ASHLEY MATHERS
- The challenges I may experience as a student, will be time management. Juggling, four kids, a full time job and academic assignments. Getting sufficient rest and eating well will also be a challenge for me, because I am constantly on the run during the day.My past experiences have taught me that if I want anything I have to work for it and earn it. I have always had to work hard and work multiple jobs to support my family. My motivation and current mindest is, very positive at this moment. I have children I’m trying to set an example for and provide for, and they are the biggest motivators in my life.Specific actions I can take to support the achievement of my educational goals, would be to create a set schedule for my classes during the week.The value of a college degree for me is immeasureable, its going to be what changes my life for my family.It will also help me personally, in my character growth, and professionally in the workplace, to help me secure better job security and growth in wages.