ECA435 Leading The Future of Early Childhood Education
[WLOs: 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 2, 4 ] [NAEYC: 1, 4, 5, 6]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read 18 States Awarded New Preschool Development Grants to Increase Access to High-Quality Preschool Programs (Links to an external site.).
In the Finding Grants discussion forum in Week 1 you researched grants that would help you as a leader receive money for your program, staff, faculty, and environment. Throughout the course, you have developed a fiscal management plan, you have researched and identified laws and policies that you will have to adhere to when you become the leader of a program, and you have reflected on your leadership vision, philosophy, mission, and goals. You have also moved through each week, learning to become a leader that knows and understands how to create a safe, high-quality early childhood program that supports faculty, staff, children, families, and the community.
As a leader, you will work closely with the stakeholders you have identified in this course. Each of these things have contributed to you becoming a high-quality leader in the field. This final assignment will ask you to write to a grant of your choice from Week 1.
Part 1: Choose, one grant that you have previously researched and that pertains to your current role, or the role you see yourself in for the future. You will write that grant, each section and part.
- Grant Application
Applying for the Grant: See
- Write the five- to six-page grant application as though you are going to actually turn it in to the grant association. Save it either as a Microsoft Word (or equivalent) or as a PDF.
- It does not matter the date the grant is due, as this course is not requiring you to actually turn it in to that entity.
- You will upload your saved grant application to Waypoint and Folio.
- Grant Awarded: Budget Line Item:
Next, you have been awarded the grant above. $1Million. You will now
- Fully integrate (add) the grant money to your operating budget line item from Week 1.
Part 2: Presentation Preparation Outline. To prepare for a presentation to stakeholders, you will need to make an outline of speaking points concerning the grant you were awarded, how this affects your budget, and what you will do with this money to begin creating a more a high-quality early learning program for your students and families. The two- to three-page outline will need to
- Summarize what grant you chose and why.
- Examine how this grant will change your budget line item (operating budget) from Week 1.
- Summarize how this grant will help you meet the current laws, regulations, and policies that govern your center that you have added to your highlight sheet from Week 2.
- Explain how this grant will affect your day-to-day operation and your environment as a whole.
- Determine how this grant will affect the wish list from your teachers in Week 4.
After this is completed, save the output as a Microsoft Word (or equivalent), PDF and upload Part 1 and Part 2 to Waypoint per the instructions below and to your portfolio.
Upload Part 1 as an Microsoft Word or PDF to Waypoint.
Upload Part 2 to Waypoint and your portfolio as a PDF.
- Your grant writing document must be five to six pages in length. After it is saved it must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Your outline of what you will share to stakeholders should be two to three pages in length.
- Must use at least three new scholarly and/or credible sources.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Quick and Easy Library Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include the separate references slide that were also used in the prior submission, adding the three new resources for this assignment and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Link to grant: https://kaboom.org/grants#previous