help me please ?????
For our unit on cultural borders, I wanted to switch up the format for our essay. For this project, the format of our essays will be a TED Talk script.
Directions: Please review the directions below for this essay, and then answer the two questions at the end of the assignment.
Here are the list of sources we have covered for this unit that you should consider using for this project. Heads up, for the project, you will have to choose three of them to help shape your Talk.
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie | “The Danger of a Single Story” (2009, TED)
- Manuel Muñoz | “Leave Your Name at the Border” (The New York Times)
- Omar Sakr | “My First & Second Language” (Meanjin)
- Jose Antonio Vargas | “Defining American” (2017, YouTube)
- Elif Shafak | “The Revolutionary Power of Diverse Thought” (TED)
- John McWhorter | “Txting is Killing Language…JK!!” (TED)
- Katelynn Duggins | “To Code Switch or Not to Code Switch? That is the Question.” (TEDx)
- Lera Boroditsky | “How Language Shapes the Way We Think” (TED)
- Matt Thompson | “Five Reasons Why People Code-Switch” (NPR)
- PBS | Sweetheart Dancers
- PBS: Say It Loud | “Should We Keep Eating Soul Food?”
- Mireya S. Vela | “Privilege”
- Alfonzo Cuaron | Roma (2018, Netflix)
Essay Due Dates:
- Rough Draft Due: Friday 10/23 by 11:59pm
- Final Draft Due: Wednesday 10/28 by 11:59pm
Step One: Review the Prompt.
Minimize File Preview
Step Two: Answer the following questions.
- Do you have any questions for me about the prompt?
- Do you have any anxiety or confusion over completing this writing task to the best of your ability?