May 29th, 2022
Read the following articles:
- Snowden and the Lawlessness of Extradition Law
- The Seizure of Noriega: A Challenge to the Ker-Frisbie Doctrine
2. Write and 2-3 page paper that addresses the following elements:
- Fully define and explain the origins and application(s) of “extraordinary renditions.”
- Fully define and explain the origins and application(s) of the Ker-Frisbie Doctrine.
- Explain how the Ker-Frisbie Doctrine either violates/does not violate a suspect’s right to due process under the U.S. Constitution. Be specific.
- Explain your thinking as to why the U.S. has not utilized extraordinary rendition methods to bring Eric Snowden to justice. What potential consequences might arise if the U.S. were to take such action?
Your paper must follow these formatting requirements (see Rubric):
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. Include a reference page. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
- Be submitted as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).