May 29th, 2022
- Watch 2 different news sources on the same day.
- Look for the differences in coverage and how they might reflect their biases regarding the subject matter and stories.
- It will work best if you choose two sources that are known for their differences in approach (e.g., MSNBC & Fox News).
- It might also help to watch news sources that are known for expressing views that are radically different from your own; it’s always easier to spot bias in others.
- Give detailed examples from the stories, utilizing concepts we discussed in class to help specify the types of bias you find in these news sources
- As this is a thought experiment or opinion paper, you will not need to conduct outside research aside from watching the two news programs.