Module 03 Lab – Research Your Target Audience documents included
This week you will create a document that will serve as a roadmap to you for the remainder of your project design. To gather as much information as possible about your target audience you will have to perform some very basic research to uncover as many characteristics as possible so your project ultimately gives your users a pleasant experience.
Perform your research by visiting websites that are similar to your project, government websites that have data that you need (such as the United States Census and the United States Department of Labor and Statistics), personal interviews of family, friends, co-workers, teachers, etc., and any other reliable source for the information you can find. Then create a Word document that includes ALL of the following information about your specific targeted audience:
- Geographical location.
- Age range.
- Income range.
- Average level of education.
- Typical place of employment or career.
- Average annual employment income.
- At least 3 specific details that make your audience unique from the general population.
- At least 3 specific website or animation preferences for this specific group. (use competition websites and common knowledge for this one)
Your Research document should be 1 to 3 pages in length, double spaced, with proper APA citations for ALL sources used. Specifically, your submitted assignment MUST have the following structure:
- A brief introduction describing your project.
- A paragraph for EACH of the above items and any additional items your project required.
- A suitable conclusion paragraph that gives a brief synopsis of the type of people that will be using your website.
Be sure to proofread your work!
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.