PUB 550 Benchmark – Analyzing and Reporting Data
The purpose of this assignment is analyze a dataset and report findings to relevant stakeholders.
Read the Topic Material “Analyzing and Reporting Data – Overview” prior to beginning the assignment.
For this assignment, you will use IBM SPSS Statistics and one of the three datasets to conduct a basic statistical analysis and report the results by creating a scientific poster. MPH students can use this assignment as an introduction to the option of a larger secondary data analysis for their capstone project.
Select a public health topic that is of interest to you and complete the following using the “GCU MPH Poster Template.”
- Review the three datasets provided in the Topic Materials and brainstorm at least one potential research question that could be answered by one of the datasets. The question should be based on a topic that is of interest to you and is supported by existing literature.
- Select the dataset and organize the data to complete the analysis.
- Provide descriptive statistics that summarize the sample.
- Select an appropriate statistical test and conduct the analysis.
- Interpret the results of your analysis.
- Prepare your poster presentation putting the results in the context of the larger story surrounding the purpose for the analysis. Consider the data source, assumptions, hypotheses, decision rule, and interpretation.
In addition to the poster, write a 1,000-word summary of the analysis that addresses the questions below. The summary should include additional discussion notes you would include for each section if you were presenting your poster at a professional conference. Typically, a poster presentation involves presenting your poster to small groups and providing an oral explanation as the audience reviews your poster.
- Summary of the data source.
- Variables used in the analysis.
- The six steps of hypothesis testing.
Prepare and submit the PowerPoint poster and summary as two separate documents.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.