Quality Control Charts
Submit your answers to the following three problems listed below. Note: Chapter 8 problem data are given in Student Resource –Case and Problem Data. For your convenience, I have attached the data needed for problems 27, 28, 41, 42 and 43 herewith.
- Problem 28 [See attached data].
- Problem 40 [Needed data given in the problem].
- Problem 43 on pages 445 – 446. [See attached data].
Due February 23 at 11:55 p.m.
Important: Before you work on the assignments to be submitted do the following:
- Study Example 8.15 — Constructing X- and R-charts for variables on page 408 and the example problem X- and R-chart attached in Lessons. [Note: The values for A2, D3 and D4 are given in Appendix B of the text. The columns you want to use are A2 for x-charts and D3 and D4 for R-charts.For your convenience, the values for A2 for x-charts and D3 and D4 for R-charts are also given in the attached example.]
- Study Example 8.18 — Constructing a p-chart for attributes on page 421. See the steps for using the Excel template below:
Step 1: Open the Excel Template given in the attachment below.
Step 2: Enter the # defectives in the yellow cell on the left column.
Step 3: Enter the sample size (i.e., total number inspected each time a sample is taken) on the yellow cell on the right column. [Note: sample size is 400 for all 12 samples]
You will see the value for the P-bar (the Center line) (0.0175) as well as the value for the Upper Control Limit (0.0372) and the Lower Control Limit (zero).