SARA Model in Policing
February 18th, 2022
As a part of Problem Oriented Policing (POP), Herman Goldstein, on page 199 of Policing America, worked and developed the SARA model. This is a four-step program geared at solving most problems within a community.
- Explain what the acronym SARA stands for and identify each of the four parts.
- Give an example of when an officer could use the SARA model in policing and how it may benefit the particular situation.
Prepare a typed document that follows APA guidelines that includes:
- A paper 200-300 words in length, double-spaced.
- You may use your text or the Internet as a reference, but remember to cite your sources according to APA guidelines.
- Your response must be thought provoking, have well developed ideas and/or opinions, and should reference any supporting material from the text, lecture or other sources you have used to complete the assignment.