What, in your opinion, were the biggest, most damning differences between Native American society/culture and Spanish society/culture? How did Spanish conquest alter Native American ways of life?
– Must have 500 words, one page-single space
– Chicago Format
– ABSOLUTELY NO PLAGIARISM
– Eric Foner, Give Me Liberty: An American History, Volume 1, (Fourth Edition), the remainder of Chapter One
– Shortened entry from the journal of Christopher Columbus about meeting the Taino people: http://blogs.jefftwp.org/wordpress/rzegas/files/2011/12/Columbus-Journal.pdf (Links to an external site.)
– Excerpt from Bartoleme de Las Casas’ Brief Account of the Devastation of the Indies, published in 1542 about the Spanish atrocities he witnessed in the Caribbean, or West Indies: http://www.swarthmore.edu/SocSci/bdorsey1/41docs/02-las.html (Links to an external site.)
– Read the red links on the right titled “Dutch missionary John Megapolensis on the Mohawks (Iroquois), 1644” and “A French Jesuit Missionary, 1642”: http://www.smithsoniansource.org/display/primarysource/viewdetails.aspx?PrimarySourceId=1174 (Links to an external site.)