Complete Practice Exercise 11 (page 157) and Practice Exercise 11 (page 180) in the textbook. For the data set listed, use Excel to extract the mean and standard deviation for the sample of lengths of stay for cardiac patients. Use the following Excel steps:
1. Enter the data set into Excel.
2. Click on the Data tab at the top.
3. Highlight your data set with your mouse.
4. Click on the Data Analysis tab at the top right.
5. Click on Descriptive Statistics in the analysis tool list.
6. Find the mean and standard deviation of the data sets.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA 6thEdition formatting guidelines.
Exercise 11 pg 157
11. Suppose that a health plan asserts that a patient hospitalized with coronary heart disease requires no more than 6.5 days of hospital care. However, we believe that a stay of6.5 days is too low. To ex-amine the claim of the health plan, assume further that we collected data depicting the lengths of stay of40 patients who were hospitalized recently with coronary heart disease. The results of the sample are as follows: 5,8,9,12,7,9,10,11,4,7,8,5,8,13,11,10,6,5,8,9,5,12,7,9,4,8,7,7,11,5,8,10,5,8,2,11,3,6,8,7
If a=0.05, use these data to evaluate the claim by the health plan.
Exercise 11 pg 180
Suppose that the medical staff indicates that the results of a given laboratory procedure must be available 30 minutes after the physician submits a request for the service. In this situation, if the results arrived 30 minutes or less after the request, we regard the performance of the laboratory as timely. If results arrived more than 30 minutes after the request, we regard the performance as tardy. Focusing on the day, evening, and night shifts, suppose that we selected a random sample and obtained the following results:
If a= 0.05, use these results to test the proposition that the performance of the laboratory is in-dependent of shift.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.